Environmental issues are an integral part of our daily work. Our production and development takes place in Sweden, and the majority of our raw materials are locally produced, which among other things minimises our transport emissions.
Swedish production means a Swedish approach when it comes to the global environment. We are actively working to reduce waste and to use our resources in the most environmentally friendly and cost-effective way possible.
Examples of how we work with the environment:
- 100% of our electricity is green.
- Since quality and the environment are both important factors, we are certified according to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- We work with CE marked products, in compliance with the Medical Device Directive. Therefore we also work according to ISO 13485.
- We compress our waste into small pellets, to minimise waste haulage.
- We work hard with our environmental goals, such as optimising our transportation capacity utilisation and minimising waste from our facility. This includes everything from office to production waste.
- Because we set high standards, from transport to product optimisation, our suppliers are carefully selected.
- We actively work to ecolabel as many of our products as possible.
ISO 9001 is a quality management system based on seven principles; customer focus, leadership, employee involvement, process orientation, improvement, fact-based decision-making and relationship management.
ISO 14001 is an environmental management system certificate that testifies to proactive environmental efforts. Such efforts not only lead to reduced use of resources and lower waste management costs, but also help safeguard our common environment.
ISO 13485 is a quality management system that helps producers of medical devices to maintain quality, security and eliminate risks.
Nordic Swan Ecolabel
The Nordic Swan Ecolabel, was established by the Nordic Council of Ministers in 1989, with the purpose to create an ecolabel that contributes to a sustainable consumption and production. The Swan label is a Nordic label and is regulated by a joint committee. In order to contribute to the work with a sustainable consumption, they help consumers to choose, from an environmental perspective, the best products available on the market. The committee’s vision, is a sustainable society, where future generations are given, at minimum, conditions as similar as possible to what we already are given today, to cater their needs.
A product labelled with the Nordic Swan, is our guarantee for a careful production process, with care and consideration to the environment. We pay attention to environment, climate, quality and health requirements, from raw material to production, but also from usage to deconstruction of the finished product.
FSC stands for Forest Stewardship Council. The council is an independent, international member organization, that promotes environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial, and economically viable management of the world’s forests. Through their certification system, they confirm the manufacturing or treatment of a product, according to a certain standard.
Do you want to read more about our eco-friendly BIO range?