Environmental issues are an integral part of our daily work. Our production and development take place in Sweden, and for the most part we use locally produced raw materials which for example minimises our transport emissions.
Swedish production means a Swedish approach when it comes to the global environment. We are actively working to reduce waste and to use our resources in the most environmentally friendly and cost-effective way possible.
Examples of how we work with the environment:
- 100% of our electricity is green.
- Because quality and the environment are both important factors, we're certified to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- And because we work with CE marked products in compliance with the Medical Device Directive, we also work according to ISO 13485.
- We compress our waste into small pellets to minimise waste haulage.
- We work with environmental goals such as optimising our transportation capacity utilisation and minimising waste from our facility, which includes everything from office to production waste.
- And because we set high standards on everything from transport to product optimisation, our suppliers are carefully selected.
- We actively work to ecolabel as many of our products as possible.
ISO 9001 is a quality management system based on seven principles; customer focus, leadership, employee involvement, process orientation, improvement, fact-based decision-making and relationship management.
ISO 14001 is an environmental management system certificate that testifies to proactive environmental efforts. Such efforts not only lead to reduced use of resources and lower waste management costs, but also help safeguard our common environment.
ISO 13485 is a quality management system that helps producers of medical devices to maintain quality, security and eliminate risks.
Do you want to read more about our Bio range?
"The forest provides us with clean water, fresh air and helps us slow global warning. Responsible forestry makes sure the forest can provide us with these benefits over the long term. FSC participants contribute voluntarily to this."
The nordic swan ecolabel
This Nordic Swan eco-label was created by the Nordic Council of Ministers in 1989 with the aim of introducing an eco-labelling system that would contribute to sustainable consumption and production. The Swan is a Nordic label governed by a joint board. The purpose of the Nordic Swan ecolabel is to be a contributing factor in the work towards sustainable consumption and to help consumers choose the most eco-friendly products on the market. Their vision is a sustainable society, where future generations will have the same, or better, opportunities in providing for their needs as we have today. When a product carries the Nordic Swan ecolabel, we guarantee that it has been produced with care and consideration for the environment. Consideration is given to the environment, the climate, quality and health and safety regulations, from raw material to production, usage and destruction of the finished product.
FSC stands for Forest Stewardship Council and is an independent, international membership organisation, which is actively working for environmentally friendly, socially responsible and financially viable management of the world’s forests through their certification system, FSC.